Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Piece Image
2014-11-04, 08:28 PM
Piece Image

Hello,

I wanted to know if you could bring back the english alphabet. (i.e.K=King piece) because I even have hard time reading the one Kanji simple piece. I get confused with silver and gold. I also cannot read the red kanji when the piece is promoted. Can bring the Alphabet piece feature back please?

Very Respectfully,

vkan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2014-11-05, 06:11 PM
RE: Piece Image
Dear vkan,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the sudden piece design change.

We decided to use only the piece designs that exist in the real world and are widely recognized. The alphabet piece was a special design I made up, so it is removed now.
Maybe we could think about adding other piece designs that exist in reality and show the piece movements. (Such as George Hodges' alphabet pieces, etc.)
2014-11-06, 04:26 AM
RE: Piece Image
(2014-11-04 08:28 PM)vkan Wrote:  Can bring the Alphabet piece feature back please?

Maybe you'll feel better, when I tell you, that you're not allone. Confused

Not about the Alphabet-piece-set, but at least two persons are also not happy that prefered piece-sets are dissapeared: Background colour of pieces

Currently it's not such a big deal for me, because I hardly use my PC and instead prefere my android tablet, but on the other side, I used it frequently for watching others playing on 81dojo. Sad