Last update on Oct 3, 2015
Users who commit the prohibited acts described in this document may receive a ban or penalties without any prior notice. When you have witnessed a prohibited act by other users, on the other hand, please send us the information. (A screenshot of the chat window and information to track down the kifu will be appreciated.)
This document may be revised without prior notice.
1. Account registration
1.1. Please register truthful information to the account
- Please register the correct e-mail address in use.
- An account activation via e-mail is required before logging in to the dojo.
- When you have forgotten your account name or password, you must contact us from the e-mail address you registered, in order to retrieve your account info.
- For country registration, please register your home country or the country you currently reside in. A false country registration is prohibited.
1.2. Such account names as the examples below are prohibited.
- Containing any violent, sexual, or any other socially inappropriate word
- Containing any political, religious, or cultural advocacy that may harrass other users
- Containing any word that makes other users misunderstand that your account is a special/official account
(e.g. "81Dojo_official", name of prominent person or organization, faking a guest account, etc.)
- Random sequence of letters with no meaning
(e.g. "aaaaaaaaaaaaaa", "asdfjklasdfjkl", "123456789abcdefg", etc.)
1.3. It is allowed to have more than 1 account. However, please try to keep them to be no more than 5 accounts. It is prohibited to create numerous accounts without necessity.
2. Etiquette in chat and game
2.1. The following types of chat are prohibited.
- Containing violent, sexual, or any other socially inappropirate content
- Using offenseive, abusive, or violent language to other users
- Harrassing other users by trolling, persistent challenging, etc.
- Quarrel, or criticism of other users in the lobby chat
2.2. 81Dojo strongly recommends the users to make kind greetings when starting and ending the game, and to do post-game analysis. However, this is not mandatory. Please refraing from publicly criticizing those who have failed to do so.
2.3. Such acts as described below are against the game etiquette of 81Dojo, and thus prohibited
. Please see also "Shogi Etiquette
" for general shogi manners and etiquette at 81Dojo.
- Finishing the game with intentional illegal move or disconnection
- Unnatural and provocative way of playing such as: attacking with the king from the opening, keep taking all opponent's pieces even when seeing a clear winning attack, intentionally making a bishop exchange in the opening without promotion, etc.
3. Unfair playing
3.1. Such way of playing as described below are considered to be unfair playing, and thus prohibited.
- Manipulating the one's rating or game records by controling both players or cooperating with the opponent.
- Playing with a rule variant in a game mode that affects the game records.
- Intentionally using a rating that is clearly different from one's real strength, thereby harming the rating system.
- Sharing an account among multiple people. (Except when the account is a special group account.)
- Software- or database-assisted way of playing. (Except when meeting the condition described in the next clause.)
3.2. When you play a software-assisted game, please create a special account for it. The account name must be "COM_(any word)".
4. Illegal access and obstruction of business
4.1. It is strongly prohibited to attempt to access the server with any other tools or software than the official apps 81Dojo offers. Any attempt of illegal access will be met by a strict legal counter action.
4.2. If you intentionally circulate false information to 81Dojo or other parties, obstructiong our business and defaming 81Dojo or its cooperative bodies, a strict legal action may be taken.
5. Right to share kifu and game to the public
5.1. User can claim no rights with respect to the game and kifu played by himself, since it is merely a record of facts that took place in the public.
5.2. All users can freely watch any game and freely access the kifu of the game. Anyone can share (in blog, SNS, online video, etc.) the kifu or game as long as he meets the conditions described in the next clause.
5.3. When sharing a game or kifu played at 81Dojo, please meet the following conditions.
- You must not defame the players in your description in the shared article/media.
e.g.) "The move **** by my opponent was a bad move,
so I managed to win."
→ This is OK, as it evaluates a move itself
"The opponent was very weak, so I managed to win."
→ This is prohibited, as it evaluates the player negatively
based on subjective impression.
- You must also make sure that no comments to your shared article/media includes any defamation on the players. When you make a live video broadcast of a game, please state this clearly on the web page. (e.g. "Any comment that defames my opponent is prohibited." etc.)
- The parts you can share are only the kifu, the moves, and the player names. Please refrain from sharing the chat without permission by the users in the game room. When you make a live video broadcast of a game, it is recommended that you exclude the chat windown from the captured area, unless the users are aware of your broadcast.
- When you share 81Dojo kifus/games for commercial purposes, please consult with 81Dojo beforehand.
In no event shall 81Dojo and its cooperative bodies be liable to the user for loss of profits or any other consequential, incidental, special, or punitive damages arising out of user's use of or accessing 81Dojo.