Title Holder: Kupo
- What is Supernova Tournament?
- The Supernova Tournament is a double-elimination
tournament run by The 81-Square Universe. It is the first minor title
in The 81-Square Universe Championships.
- The winner will be named with the title "Supernova"
Japanese kanji), to determine the greatest of the "new stars" in the
- It is played by all players in one tournament.
- The winner of the tournament becomes the Supernova. Unlike
in the major titles, the Supernova is still required play in all rounds
of the following Supernova term. There is no title match. The finals
will be played in a 5 game match.
- The finals will be played between the winner of the
Winner's Bracket and the winner of the Loser's Bracket. The winner of
the Winner's Bracket begins the finals with one win counted towards the
match; so the Winner's Bracket winner must win 2 games to become the
Supernova and the Loser's Bracket winner must win 3 games to become the
- The tournament is only for newer or weaker players.
Players who have taken or challenged a title, won a tournament,
qualified for A-Class in 81-Ou League, or qualified for ranks over 2-Dan may not participate.
must try to arrange the game schedule with the opponent within the
recommended time period, which is specified for each game in the
tournament. (1 game per week per player in average)
- If your opponent doesn't respond at all to
your schedule arrangement offer, you may declare a win by default.
- If the two players seem to be unable to
schedule despite that both
players are clearly willing to, (due to time difference, or both
players' being too busy, etc.), they may discuss delaying the schedule
with the administrator.
- If both players don't seem to be willing to
arrange the schedule, the administrator may declare both players' loss
by default. (which means a win by default for the player who is to
against the winner of the two in the next stage.)
- A draw should be resolved with a re-match.
- Player can be seeded in the next term
according to his/her results in the previous