Last update on Jun. 1, 2018
Users who commit the prohibited acts described in this document may receive a ban or penalties without any prior notice. When you have witnessed a prohibited act by other users, on the other hand, please send us the information. (A screenshot of the chat window and information to track down the kifu will be appreciated.)
This document may be revised without prior notice.
1. Account registration
1.1. Please register truthful information to the account
- Please register the correct e-mail address in use.
- An account activation via e-mail is required before logging in to the dojo.
- You need to be able to receive notification email to make best use of 81Dojo functions.
- Temporary email domain is prohibitd.
- For country registration, please register your home country or the country you currently reside in. A false country registration is prohibited.
1.2. Such account names as the examples below are prohibited.
- Containing any violent, sexual, or any other socially inappropriate word
- Containing any political, religious, or cultural advocacy that may harrass other users
- Containing any word that makes other users misunderstand that your account is a special/official account
(e.g. "81Dojo_official", name of prominent person or organization, faking a guest account, etc.)
- Random sequence of letters with no meaning
(e.g. "aaaaaaaaaaaaaa", "asdfjklasdfjkl", "123456789abcdefg", etc.)
1.3. It is allowed to have more than 1 account. However, please try to keep them to be no more than 5 accounts. It is prohibited to create numerous accounts without necessity.
2. Etiquette in chat and game
2.1. The following types of chat are prohibited.
- Containing violent, sexual, or any other socially inappropirate content
- Using offenseive, abusive, or violent language to other users
- Harrassing other users by trolling, persistent challenging, etc.
- Quarrel, or criticism of other users in the lobby chat
2.2. 81Dojo strongly recommends the users to make kind greetings when starting and ending the game, and to do post-game analysis. However, this is not mandatory. Please refraing from publicly criticizing those who have failed to do so.
2.3. Such acts as described below are against the game etiquette of 81Dojo, and thus prohibited
. Please see also "Shogi Etiquette
" for general shogi manners and etiquette at 81Dojo.
- Finishing the game with intentional illegal move, time-up, or disconnection
- Unnatural and provocative way of playing such as: attacking with the king from the opening, keep taking all opponent's pieces even when seeing a clear winning attack, intentionally making a bishop exchange in the opening without promotion, etc.
3. Unfair playing
3.1. Such way of playing as described below are considered to be unfair playing, and thus prohibited.
- Manipulating the one's rating or game records by controling both players or cooperating with the opponent.
- Playing with a rule variant in a game mode that affects the game records.
- Intentionally using a rating that is clearly different from one's real strength, thereby harming the rating system.
- Sharing an account among multiple people. (Except when the account is a special group account.)
- Software- or database-assisted way of playing. (Except when meeting the condition described in the next clause.)
3.2. When you play a software-assisted game, please create a special account for it. The account name must be "COM_(any word)".
4. Illegal access and obstruction of business
4.1. It is strongly prohibited to attempt to access the server with any other tools or software than the official apps 81Dojo offers, as well as to interfere with running script. Any such attempt of illegal access will be monitored and met by a strict legal counter action.
4.2. If you intentionally circulate false information to 81Dojo or other parties, obstructiong our business and defaming 81Dojo or its cooperative bodies, a strict legal action may be taken.
5. Right to share kifu and game to the public
5.1. User can claim no rights with respect to the game and kifu played by himself, since it is merely a record of facts that took place in the public.
5.2. All users can freely watch any game and freely access the kifu of the game. Anyone can share (in blog, SNS, online video, etc.) the kifu or game as long as he meets the conditions described in the next clause.
5.3. When sharing a game or kifu played at 81Dojo, please meet the following conditions.
- You must not defame the players in your description in the shared article/media.
e.g.) "The move **** by my opponent was a bad move,
so I managed to win."
→ This is OK, as it evaluates a move itself
"The opponent was very weak, so I managed to win."
→ This is prohibited, as it evaluates the player negatively
based on subjective impression.
- You must also make sure that no comments to your shared article/media includes any defamation on the players. When you make a live video broadcast of a game, please state this clearly on the web page. (e.g. "Any comment that defames my opponent is prohibited." etc.)
- The parts you can share are only the kifu, the moves, and the player names. Please refrain from sharing the chat without permission by the users in the game room. When you make a live video broadcast of a game, it is recommended that you exclude the chat windown from the captured area, unless the users are aware of your broadcast.
- When you share 81Dojo kifus/games for commercial purposes, please consult with 81Dojo beforehand.
In no event shall 81Dojo and its cooperative bodies be liable to the user for loss of profits or any other consequential, incidental, special, or punitive damages arising out of user's use of or accessing 81Dojo.
7.1 Personal information collected by the site
- User nickname and country: User is required to present these information at the time of registration, which will then be public in the game result database.
- Email address: Email is needed for account confirmation as well as receiving notification while using various features. It will never be open to third party.
- Password: User needs to set a password for logging in. The password is irreversibly encrypted and securely stored in the server.
- Other network connection logs: Part of network connection information such as IP address, connection time, browser environment, etc. will be stored in server for the purpose of preventing illegal access. It will never be open to third party.
- Other information presented by user: There are other information that user may present on his/her discretion while using various features of our site such as tournament information, posting to forum, club information, contact form, etc. These will be open to most suitable degree of publicity according to the evident purpose of each features. (eg. club forum -> open to only club members, contact form -> only the user him/herself)
7.2 81Dojo will properly and securely manage the private information collected from users, and will never disclose these to third parties except for the following cases.
- Prescribed conditions described in Clause 7.1
- When the user's clear consent is obtained
- When required by law
- When user commits particularly serious illegal acts to 81Dojo, and 81Dojo concludes that a legal action is needed
7.3 End of use of private information and its deletion
- When terminating the use of 81Dojo permanently, the user can permanently disable the possibility of logging in to his/her account.
- However, since the relation between "user nickname and country" and "game information" are the basis of the open game result database of 81Dojo, they will remain associated.
- After permanently disabling the login, the user can particularly ask to delete some of the game results such as win and loss counts. However, since kifu and game information is owned by two players, both users's consent is required to delete them.
- Additionally, for the purpose of preventing nuisance user to 81Dojo, same email cannot be used for future registration again. Therefore the email address itself remains in server as a once-used one. For the same purpose, connection information such as IP address will be kept stored for a specific period.